Thursday, August 12, 2010

Roses are red... and pink!

During the two brief vacations I've taken this summer, we went to visit my parents up north. As usual, I spent as much time as possible in their garden together with my mother - digging, planting, weeding and just enjoying the pretty views. I thought I'd share!

pink rose sommerwind This little beauty is called 'Sommerwind'. I love those kinda scalloped petals, they give the rose such a lovely, romantic look.


red rose and dahlia The reds on this rose and dahlia are so vibrant!


raspberries There's plenty of red raspberries too, as well as strawberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants and gooseberries. Yum!


a pink rose Another pink beauty.


pink and cream lilies These lilies were planted a couple years ago and some of them we got as "surprises" - we had no idea what colours they would be. Due to a lily-eating meanie, this is the first year we actually saw them. They turned out to be rather fantastic surprises. =)

4 comments:

Esme Dodsworth said...

I do love those colours, those reds are so vibrant.

Viktoria said...

It seems you have a green thumb!..beautiful!

RitaJC said...

WOW!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Love flowers!!!

Ooty said...

lovely images!!
I love roses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...