Thursday, November 09, 2006

You look like you need a monster around your neck

I find it hilariously fun to put big eyes and teeth on things. My monster socks are one example, my monster purse another. This time, my husband needed a scarf and I immediately had visions of some long, chompy thing curled around his neck. Don't ask me why.


This is what I came up with. Knitted from 75 % wool, 25 % polyamide yarn, with crocheted details. Looks quite like a moray eel, don't you think? Fortunately, my hubby loved it from the moment it crawled around his neck.

If anyone else out there would like a scarf like this, I might be persuaded to make one. Who knows, might make one for sale once I get a moment free. In the mean time, here's a more traditional scarf for sale. It's made of cotton, so it's great for anyone with a wool allergy.

3 comments:

Dotty said...

This scarf is terrific! You should definitely make another to list on etsy when you get the chance!

Askinstoo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morrgan said...

Thanks Dotty! I'll have to find some more yarn first, used it all up on that one. ;)

By the way, I just deleted some spam above, in case anyone was wondering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...