Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gloves, gloves, and even more gloves

January has been a record month for custom glove orders. I've made more gloves this month than any other, I believe. Which is nice, of course.

In between orders I've had a few evenings to work on other things to list in my shops. So what have I made? More gloves! I'm a woman obsessed.

So here's the two latest ones I've listed, both in my Etsy shop. The first pair is my basic model of fingerless gloves, although this time made with a different yarn brand than usual. It's quite similar to what I normally use and I'm quite pleased with it. It's still a wool/polyamide blend, but adding it to my usual range of yarns has given me some new colour possibilities. I just adore the rusty terracotta in this one.

The other pair is made from a lovely bamboo blend, decorated with a cabled ribbing. This colour combo is one of my favourites and one I've had in my shop before. I figured it deserved another go.

And now I shall be off to make something that isn't gloves.

3 comments:

glasfaden said...

I couldn't believe, that Bamboo can also be used as fabric, and I thought it must be a bit stiff like linen, till I had a chance to feel it by myself. I'm also a fingerless gloves addict - but only to wear them :D Love your red ones too!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I like the colorcombo of the green ones a lot - they make me long for spring!

Jenn Maruska said...

I really like the green ones, too! Very pretty! : D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...