The vacation was good though! Much food, movies, food, jigsaw puzzles, food, socializing, food, food and even a bit of knitting. In other words, all that's needed for full on relaxation. Christmas presents were spot on too, like one of these wonderful Moccamaster Clubline things. Now I can make handmade goods while drinking coffee made with a handbuilt coffeemaker. How appropriate!
Oh, and after we'd gotten back, Mr Morrgan surprised me with a belated Christmas/happy new job/early 4th anniversary gift, posing with Phoebe here:
Isn't he so cuuuuuute? Mr Morrgan, you do love me!
(Check out Bubbletime Boutique for more soft sweeties!)
The previous year had its ups and downs, but as a whole 2008 was a pretty good year.
- The Big News of the year was that I finally finished my Master's degree in cell biology. Woohoo!
- Shopwise, sales almost doubled both online and offline compared to the previous year (didn't realise this until I finished up the books last week, quite a surprise!).
- Mr Morrgan and I went on a trip overseas, for the first time in many years, and during that time I met many of my in-laws for the first time after over 3 years of marriage (both our families are an international bunch, so it can be tricky to arrange to be in the same country at the same time).
- I finally got some carnivorous plants (which are slimy and well, by the way, remind me to show you a new photo later).
- I finally donated blood. It's something I wanted to do for a long time. Hopefully I can manage doing it regularly from now on.
- A day before going on my vacation, just in time for it to be a nice Christmas gift, I got a job as a research assistant at the same lab I worked at briefly earlier that year.
So yes, pretty good all in all. =)
Judging by the first week or so, I think 2009 will be an interesting year. It'll certainly put my juggling skills to the test, having to find time for both a full-time job and my business. There will likely be changes once I've figured out how it will work best. Stay tuned.
Have a great 2009, everyone!