Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Midsummer! With flowery musings

I have a dream of a green oasis of my own, filled with pretty flowers and yummy herbs and climbing vines and other botanical delights. I shall attempt to create this haven in the place I have dubbed The Wonderful Balcony.

To be honest, it isn't so wonderful yet. I have only taken the first step on the way: I have aqcuired a window box and have filled it with pretties. I'm going for blue, orange and white in various shades this year. (And I've already planned colour schemes for about 5 years onwards. A tad overexcited, perhaps? *sigh*)

balcony flowers dahlia ivy lobelia petunia
This lot includes a dahlia, Lobelia, Impatiens, ivies and a couple whose English names I don't know. Plus a dark purple and white petunia, breaking the colour scheme, because Mr Morrgan fell in love with it. It'll be fun to see how it turns out once the plants have fully grown.

I imagine there will be more photos of Project Wonderful Balcony throughout the summer. Next up: chairs, to sit in and enjoy the view!

(Also, there will be photos of knitting projects posted soon. For once. Knitting in the shape of flowers, as it happens. May as well go fully along with the obsession.)

And finally,I wish a happy and sunny Midsummer to those who celebrate it!

1 comment:

LiPeony said...

cool little box garden... I definitely need something like that on my balcony... the flowers look like they're coming out beautifully... =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...