Sunday, August 30, 2009

I hate computers

Dear silly developers of various applications like Chrome, Firefox and iTunes.

Yes, I'm a Finn, born and raised in Finland, and have lived here all my life. However, my 1st language isn't Finnish. Plus I like to do my computer stuff in English. My Windows is in English and my browser is set to English.

This means I want to do my internetting (yay, a new word) in English. It means I DO NOT want all your installers and webpages in Finnish. Especially if your installer installs only the same language version as the installer itself (I'm looking at YOU, Google Chrome). Would you kindly check what language I'm using for my internetting, not my location.

That is all.


(As you may have guessed, I'm in the process of switching computers and have been installing apps all weekend. As a result, I feel like strangling something and have to let out steam before the computer flies out the window.)

(Also, Mr Morrgan had the same sorts of trouble after relocating here from New Zealand. It was great fun watching him at the time. Now I understand his frustration only too well.)

2 comments:

LiPeony said...

aiya... yeps those apps can get veeery annoying. I know all too well of having to reinstall and dl all the apps and programs for a new computer >_<

Morgan the Muse said...

I cringe at the thought of having to do that. But probably sometime soon... I get to leave for university next year. >.< Good luck with that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...