Monday, August 31, 2009

Ridiculously Easy Blackcurrant Pie (but oh so delicious)

Blueberry pie, you have a competitor! We got a big pile of blackcurrants from my parents' garden and I decided to make a pie. At around 9 in the evening I had little energy left, so I threw one together like so:

1. Defrosted a storebought sweet pie crust and flattened it into a pie dish.

2. Poured in as many blackcurrants as would fit (something like 2-3 dl or 1 cup).

3. Mixed together 1 dl (a little under 1/2 cup) sugar, 2 tbsp potato starch flour and 1 tsp vanilla sugar, then sprinkled that on top of the berries.

4. Put it into the oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 30 mins.

5. Let it cool a bit, then served with vanilla icecream.

6. Entered a state of joyful bliss.

What a pie! A Pie with a capital P, even after I put only the bare minimum of effort into it. I will hoard all the leftover berries from my parents' garden into the freezer so that I can make this again. And again. And again!

5 comments:

nina kuriloff said...

an excellent photograph!

It looks incredibly tasty!

LiPeony said...

mm.... that looks goood! though what does 1 dl of sugar mean? I'm not good with cooking lingo

Morrgan said...

Oh sorry, left out the non-metric "translation" from that line. 1 dl is a little less than 1/2 a cup, fixed it in the recipe. :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Kreativlink said...

Yummy!!

Jenn Maruska said...

Wow that looks GOOD!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...