Blueberry pie, you have a competitor! We got a big pile of blackcurrants from my parents' garden and I decided to make a pie. At around 9 in the evening I had little energy left, so I threw one together like so:
1. Defrosted a storebought sweet pie crust and flattened it into a pie dish.
2. Poured in as many blackcurrants as would fit (something like 2-3 dl or 1 cup).
3. Mixed together 1 dl (a little under 1/2 cup) sugar, 2 tbsp potato starch flour and 1 tsp vanilla sugar, then sprinkled that on top of the berries.
4. Put it into the oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 30 mins.
5. Let it cool a bit, then served with vanilla icecream.
6. Entered a state of joyful bliss.
What a pie! A Pie with a capital P, even after I put only the bare minimum of effort into it. I will hoard all the leftover berries from my parents' garden into the freezer so that I can make this again. And again. And again!