Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oh, Woe is Me

Yesterday I realised that skipping in piles of autumny red and yellow leaves makes me ridiculously happy. Yay for autumn.

Today I realised that skipping in said piles of leaves, wearing too little autumn-appropriate clothing, will get you flued up and fevered. Boo for autumn.

But before all these oh so important personal revelations, I spent a day in Helsinki with my brother on Wednesday, at an excellent Dream Theater concert, so I'm not too bothered about my ill state (yet). At this point it's the perfect excuse to lie in bed and listen to Dream Theater and Nightwish's new album (and write blog posts, apparently). If only I can get hubby to bring me icecream and crosswords, I'll be all set for a little break.

Fortunately this is the last full day of my brother's visit, in the sense that we got to have fun together most of the time. He comes here maybe once or twice per year, so it'd be a huge pity to spend those few days being ill.

By the way, before I got myself sick I made and listed this pair of fingerless gloves, suitable for both men and women. Be smarter than me: buy them, wear them and don't get the flu.

3 comments:

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! Rest up! : )

Brenda said...

Take care, and hope you feel better!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

These are really cute. I'm about to cast on for my first pair of Fetchings (fingerless gloves). Hope they keep me warm and healthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...