Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Finds: November Rain

The weather and I haven't been on very good terms lately. In fact, I suspect the weather is trying to do me in.

Two recent pieces of evidence come to mind in support of my theory:

1) Yesterday started out quite ok. There was even enough sunlight to take a few nice sun-touched photos for the shop. However, I had some errands in town in the afternoon. As soon as I got as far from our place as I intended to go that time, a rather impressive rain began and lasted until I got back home. No umbrella, of course. I was cruelly tricked.

2) In the evening I went to see a friend and had to take the bus. This time I was prepared, though, and brought my umbrella. All was well until I got on the bus and couldn't change my mind about going out anymore. Yup, more rain. By the time I got to my stop, from where I still needed to walk the last kilometer or so to get to my destination, it was as if someone was pouring water out of a giant bucket in the sky. Wild, stormy winds completed the experience. My poor little umbrella didn't stand a chance against that kind of assault.

Pretty convincing, isn't it? As I need to go grocery shopping today, I decided to dedicate this week's Tuesday Finds to rain in a meager effort to placate the crotchety weather. (Do you hear that, rain clouds? I'm being nice. You might want to try it some time too.)

Now this is what I like to see! I am firmly of the opinion that we need more clouds like this around here. Perhaps I should show this print by Argyle Whale to the ones lurking outside, to let them see what the cool kids are up to these days.
($15, ArgyleWhale.etsy.com)

Who wouldn't want to take Clear Jade Studio's cute cat print home? You poor, poor kitty, I know exactly how you feel.
($15.50, annya127.etsy.com)

Despite my troubles with rain and clouds, I must admit I adore the shape of smallwhitepebble's Cloudery freeform crochet necklace.
($24, smallwhitepebble.etsy.com)

5 comments:

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I love it when it rains and I can sit inside with a hot cup of tea and a good read. Great finds! :)

The Stewart Stuff said...

I hope you can win this war soon! Those darn rain clouds better lay off! Cute post!
-10oneworld

Hey Harriet said...

Rain clouds be gone! The weather here today is crazy too. Rain, sun, rain, sun...just wish it would make up its mind!

I like your Tuesday finds :)

woolies said...

so funny, now that we live somewhere that it doesn't rain very often, I miss it terribly. Out last year on the east coast, it rained 18 weekends in a row.
LOVE that drenched kitty!

Morgan the Muse said...

I seriously love that tshirt print!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...